An inside look at the life of Missionary Kids Alex and Maggie Kautz

Wednesday, May 30, 2007



In riding I have been working on jumping and trying to gallop and I'm working on trotting on the horse without going up and down. My favorite part of riding is when we practice jumping. When I saw that he was going to make me jump I felt nervous. And then when I did it I felt like I was flying! The hardest part of riding for me is when we're galloping because I have to stay sitting on the horse without my feet going out of the stirrups. Some days, if I had a hard time, before the class is over he lets me do whatever I want on the horse. The horse I ride most of the time is called Rioja. Sometimes she obeys really well except other times she's really tired from getting ridden and she's always slow and down. But she is a fantastic horse! I'm looking forward to jumping even higher and going into difficult things that I have to do. I think eventually I'll be able to gallop without freaking out!
~Maggie

Video - Maggie doing warmups


Video - Maggie's first attempt at galloping...with a little bit of panic!


Mom says:
Sorry for the dark pictures! Maggie's class is in the evening and the lighting is never quite right to get good shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home