An inside look at the life of Missionary Kids Alex and Maggie Kautz

Saturday, February 11, 2006


Hi, this is Alex! I've been having a good time, but I've been too busy to blog for the past month. Last night we went to this yummy pizza shop and the crust tasted like crackers. We go to a market called the Feria and also a bigger market that's downtown. The downtown market I bought a little clay pig and a picture of a house with the volcano erupting in the background painted on wood.

At school I've been learning Spanish for a while and I'm getting the hang of it. I am on a soccer team on the first level. I should be on the second level, but I'd probably get beat up with the ball! In soccer I usually score a lot of goals since I'm in a higher grade than most of the other players. At the end of the semester I am going to switch levels. In soccer Profe, my soccer teacher, has been teaching us drills. He teaches us how to get the ball past the defenders of the other team. Also at school I've gotten an ID and I'm going to use it at school because the school is doing an ID check and is getting a new guard to check them.

From the US I've missed my family and all my friends. I don't have all of the good foods of America, but I'm finding new foods that are good down here in Costa Rica, like Chickys, which are these rectangular cookies with chocolate on the bottom. I also like empanadas, which are tortillas wrapped around beans, chicken and cheese.

I'm hungry for Chickys right now!
~Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home